Old 02-27-21, 10:41 PM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
I have a hard time justifying spending over 50 on a car. The next phrantic family truckster is likely to be something of the MDX, Highlander, XC90, Pilot, Ascent variety (or if I get my way a shaggin wagon V60 x-country).

I looked at some of the info on the VW ID.4, but I’m not super thrilled with the quality of some parts on my Passat and am not sure I’d get another one.
I’m partial to the Highlander, having had two of them over the last 7 years (long story). COVID-19 put a stop to our carpooling 4 teenage boys (and a 9 year old since she can’t be left alone in the house while boys were being driven) to school. Even with its gas guzzling looks, it actually gets near-to-better mileage than my Volvo S60 I used to own before (though it may say more about the Volvo than the Highlander).

that being said, the only out-of-urban drive it got was a 600 mile trip (and back), so it seems an EV would have been perfectly fin had I had the financial chops to justify paying double for a Model X.

I don’t know what the future is for vehicular transportation, but I know that internal combustion engine as we know it is living its final years. My mind says fuel cell powered electric cars are the future, but if this day’s practicality continues as it is, battery powered electric cars will have us watch another Beta vs VHS battle.