Old 02-27-19, 02:18 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 565 Times in 429 Posts
Originally Posted by youcoming
Thanks for the kind words, I sue my fitness pal and its been a great tool. Biggest issue is I'm always hungry it never goes away, Ive been told drink water and I drink gallons of it but still always hungry
Another thing to keep in mind is that fats+proteins provide longer-lasting energy and help keep hunger pangs at bay.

Uncertain what your snacking is like, if you snack (between meals) at all, but you might consider keeping a couple of ZipLoc baggies around with a homemade combination. Something like a protein/fat rich "granola" -- almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, a few raisins, a few dried cranberries, carob nibs, coconut, perhaps some lime zest. Even a small amount (say, one mouthful) can provide a couple hours of reduction in hunger, but won't "break the bank" on calorie intake.

More veggies, more fiber. These can help fill you up but won't have a ton of calories.

You can make a salad central to your meals, for example, with as great a number of vegetables and greens as possible, then add a modest amount of meat, nuts/seeds, cheese. Elimination of sauces for salads can help as well, instead replacing that with a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, spices, a squeezed lime (and zest). Very filling, but can be a third or half of the calories of a similar-sized meat/cheese heavy "salad" that has dressing draped all over it.

If you like spices, try developing a couple of decent spice mixtures you love. Say, one for meats and one for salads. Look for a good Indian/Pakistani or Middle East style grocery. A little can go a very long way to flavoring a dish, all without the calorie-laden dressings and squirt-bottle stuff that folks typically use. A decent steak, for example, with a great dry rub of spices that's cooked well doesn't need any sauces or spreads put on it. Look into using garlic, ginger, horseradish root. Again, a little can go a long way.

Lots of ways to nix several hundred calories per day from daily food intake, with a bit of determination.