Old 07-09-19, 11:08 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Again, guys, THEY ARE NOT SELLING THESE BIKES AT WALMART. This is not meant to be "Walmart's bike brand". The brand is owned by Walmart, but you have to search to discover that. This is not meant to be a discount brand. This is not meant to be sold to non-enthusiasts.

Also, I don't think people here realize just how giant Walmart is. Walmart has annual revenues of about $500Bn. The entire cycling industry in the US represents about $6Bn. They are the definition of the 800 pound gorilla. I'm not trying to fanboy Walmart (lol). I'm trying to make the point that just because Walmart is known for cheap t-shirts and off-brand soda, they can also produce and sell high end items. They are easily large enough to do both things, I give you Moosejaw.

Lastly, given that the Walton brothers have put at least $74MM out of their own pockets into cycling infrastructure so far (https://www.outsideonline.com/229548...le-track-minds) and made Arkansas into a world class mountain biking destination in just a couple of years, I think they've earned a little deference here.