View Single Post
Old 08-04-19, 06:53 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I just reread your posts and am wondering if what's really going on is that right now you really don't want to do anything that takes you physically or mentally away from your wife. Starting a new job is pretty stressful so maybe you just need to cut yourself some slack and not worry about the things you don't want to do right now, and focus on the fact that fresh mint for your wife was that important to you. Wanting to be with your family during a time of transition sounds pretty healthy to me. The bike will be there if and when you want it.
My wife is special needs. She's been through spinal surgery some years ago, and she's made a remarkable recovery given her preexisting condition. And though she does her damnedest best to be independent and self-reliant, she still needs help with a few things. This makes her somewhat accident-prone, so there's always that fear, that concern that she might somehow get into a situation where she could get hurt.

The old friend who called me up out of the blue is fully aware of all this. It didn't even occur to me that he might do something like this, but he designed the job so I'd need to spend only three workdays of each week in Riyadh. This has been yet another lesson in knowing who my true friends are, given the history we had together.

And no, we're not getting into another argument about noisemakers . That was an episode where I chose to be a dick thinking it might get me some catharsis, given just how highly strung and stressed out over the lack of work I had been at the time, when I could've taken a deep breath and directed my effort towards a clearer, more conservative explanation to get better answers. It was just wrong, and for that I'm truly sorry. (For the others: please don't look that thread up! It's just too embarrassing )

Last edited by sjanzeir; 08-18-19 at 05:30 AM.
Likes For sjanzeir: