cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Huff post had the number at 36 percent have moved home and aren't buying homes either. So now that they have merged the burbs into the Urban basket it is easy to say the Millennials are more urban. Still it is pretty much accepted by many reporting sources including the BBC. A third of US millennials still live at home, census report finds - BBC News

I do wonder how they will do once they get back into a full employment society? But if a third are moving home, be that the burbs or the city, it isn't a property growth spurt making the city bigger.
The US census study reported by the BBC included college dorms as "home" - although in a way I suppose that is fair, as they don't have a permanent home and presumably go back to the parental home on break. The bit about the burbs being urban is a non-sequiter as we don't have data on where the majority living away from home have settled - inner urban or outer urban if you will.

EDIT: actually one of the cited articles said the DC suburbs of Arlington and Alexandria were among the most popular locations for millenials - I don't know much about them - are they more urban dense or suburban sprawl?

Last edited by cooker; 07-17-17 at 08:23 AM.