View Single Post
Old 08-28-16, 09:39 PM
jade408

Bikes: Working on replacing my stolen Soma Buena Vista Mixte

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 44 Posts
Today I met some friends for a birthday brunch downtown. I biked over (it is about 3.5 miles). This was a brush buffet and it lasted longer than I thought.

I cut out a little early, compared to my friends. I had to go to the bike shop to pick up new pedals, and get them installed!

I realized my legs were tired from the ride the day before -- I didn't have the energy to bike to the bike store (6 miles) from brunch. I biked to a concert last night. 5 miles each way. The way to the concert is gradually uphill, for about 4 miles, and the last couple of blocks were the steepest part. I was ready for that. But there was a headwind too, for 2/3 of the ride. I realize I hadn't ever ridden in that direction at time. The wind comes in with the evening clouds and fog!

Anyway, the bike shop was also gradually uphill for the whole 6 miles ride. So it was a no go!

So to save energy, I biked the 1 mile up to the train. From the train it was it was a .75 mile ride. I got my pedals and then rode the 4 miles home! On the way I stopped to grab a few groceries from one of my favorite shops. It is a small but worthwhile detour.

I got home and realized I really should have left earlier. I have some work to do tonight. It is mindless, set it and go, but it looks like it'll continue after my bed time.