Old 01-08-19, 11:32 AM
PedalingWalrus

Bikes: Corvid Sojourner, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Co-Motion Divide, Co-Motion Java Tandem, Salsa Warbird, Salsa Beargrease, Carver Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked 435 Times in 227 Posts
Yeah, I'm sort of aware of the issue. The trouble is that I'm planning along with 3 other enthusiastic people in the mix. I have voiced that issue initially and said that perhaps we could choose to go very early before crack of dawn, observe a nice nap siesta and then continue in late afternoon. But that was also somewhat ... not 'endorsed' by the 'planning committee'. .... :-)

For me, win #1 is to be able to bike tour with spouse and others. The rest will slowly line up. I sort of also thought going north from Barcelona towards Monte Carlo and besides the coast also bike through region of Provence. That would be, sort of, going east and tiny bit north , most likely not result in relief from the heat...

we'll see... but at the next planning meeting I will voice these concerns.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
Not to be a downer, but if you are planning on doing the Andalucía coast I hope you like heat and traffic. When I toured Andalucía back in 2000 I hit the coast a bit east of Almeria. Couldn't wait to head north, back into the interior of the territory, which I did when I hit Torre del Mar. The territory between those two places was nothing to write home about. Lots of development and traffic and almost no views of the sea. And that was in April, before the height of tourist season. Back in the 80s I was in Malaga in July. Madhouse and very hot.