Old 06-06-19, 08:17 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
The angle of the impact is appropriate, the helmets orientation may or may not be appropriate depending on the point of the test.... For example, if the test is related to the hood of the vehicle and it's ability to cushion the impact, the orientation of the helmet is not critical. The point of the test rig in the video is for pedestrian head impacts, they aren't engineering better skulls (or test skulls), they are engineering better hood/vehicles.

People in this thread are over focused the details of a couple seconds of a test in a 2-minute promotional video. That impact test in the video is there to show/promote the test with a POC helmet. Having spent my career working marketing teams, they will frequently use images/video based on what it looks like and how it shows the product; not it's technical accuracy.

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 06-06-19 at 03:23 PM. Reason: edit because I'm terrible at proofing my own stuff before posting
Likes For Hypno Toad: