Old 06-22-19, 01:38 PM
HardyWeinberg
GATC

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts
Hi folk
Well, I have surgery scheduled for 23 July. I agreed to it in late May, but by the time the insurance signed off and the surgeon got me in the 1st available date was 10 July and well the 23rd is more convenient.

I have done some reading and apparently there is no detectable benefit of surgery over non-surgery for 'non-traumatic' tears but there is for traumatic ones (which is what I have).

Surprisingly the ortho is more optimistic about 2 of the 3 tears the radiologist identified, but he is open to doing whatever once I'm on the table. So, the supraspinatus is 100% torn and needs repair. The infraspinatus the radiologist spotted as 50% torn which would not merit repair unless there was already a surgeon there working on other stuff. The surgeon is skeptical of the reading of that tear but will check it and fix it if needed. Finally, the 'slap tear' which was explained to me as cartilage damage 7 years ago now I am told it's a biceps tendon problem. They might relocate my biceps tendon from whatever shoulder bone it's supposed to be attached to, to the humerus. Will be a game time decision.