View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 11:09 AM
tmac100

Bikes: More bicycles than I can ride at one time: 2 custom made tourers, a Brompton 6-speed, and an Indian-made roadster.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
I feel your angst as I am also 6'5". BUT I also have a fused right ankle so wear a leg brace. That said, I have 2 bicycles custom built and the 2006 started touring Australia with one of them. 27 speeds and 26" wheels (PW hubs) with 48 spokes (!) front and back. I tour unsupported and now am planning one last trip this summer from Cairns to Cape York. The bicycles fit me well, but cost several thousand USD each.

That said, I have always "fancied" the bicycles built in India - so bought the largest one they made (24" frame) with a double bar between seat and head. Can't remember the name of that bar (cross bar maybe). Naturally, it has rod brakes! I did this when I visited the KW Cycles factory in Ludhiana, India. Got extra rims and an extra Brooks type seat. Two extra chains and the 28" tyres (!) too. All for maybe $80 USD. Web site is: "Ludhiana,India,Punjab based manufacurer exporter of bb cups ,bicycle parts, punjab, ludhiana, manufacturers, exporters, export, directory, import, manufacturers, traders, companies,yellow pages, trading houses,database of indian products, firms, cons".

I have an old SA 3 speed hub and will lace up a wheel, put on the cables, shifter, etc, and see how it goes.

It will remind me of my old CCM with 28" wheels that I rode in the late 50s and early 60s 🤪

Last edited by tmac100; 10-15-19 at 11:16 AM.