View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 01:20 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by Stadjer
It took me a while to find a 65cm in the Netherlands and not too far away, and I'm in the tallest region. A height of 188 cm (I guess that fits the 65, I'm 6ft4 and it's a bit small because I like the saddle much lower than the handlebars) was pretty tall in 70's, only nowadays it's average. There's the odd 70cm or more but that's usually a special frame and often a single speed.

I came across a green 66 cm 3-speed Gazelle cheetah with rod ands drums a couple of months ago, but that doesn't happen a lot. I only look for rod brakes though. The guy probably still has it, he wasn't happy with the offers while it needed some minor work, he said he retracted it to make it perfect but I doubt he has already started. Maybe he's willing to ship it.
I hear you, though when I check Marktplaats and just filter for 65cm or taller gentlemen's bikes there often a good selection all over the country. Roughly 300+ right now.

If you like tall rod-brake bikes you might like this one:
70 cm Gazelle Populair 3-speed

Edit: or this one
Batavus 65cm €50

Azor Texel 73cm modern crosstube frame

Last edited by JaccoW; 10-15-19 at 01:34 PM.