Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-18, 06:58 PM
MrFlamey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I know I'm not supposed to share info from the backer portal, but there have been lots of people here that are just constantly talking like Helix is about to fail and we are going to lose our money, which does get boring to read, so I'll just note that the financial status of Helix was briefly mentioned in the update. Apparently they are healthy, and although the Kickstarter campaign raised a decent amount of money, some further investment has been required over the last 3 years. The part mentioning finances ends with " Of course, we absolutely have to deliver bikes soon as the runway is not infinite, but at this final stage, money is not a concern. "

Regarding shipping, they are still waiting on some custom parts, so can't fully assemble bikes, but they are still building all the frames etc. ready for the parts to arrive and everything is going smoothly. I really wonder if they will try to move some of the custom part production in-house after shipping all the current orders (assuming the company remains), as it seems to be their only remaining major headache, and it must be frustrating to still be unable to ship because certain suppliers are not fullfilling their orders quickly enough (and yes, we Helix backers and buyers know fairly well about waiting for orders to be fullfilled, before anyone makes that obvious joke).