View Single Post
Old 03-26-20, 05:03 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
I had a guy do that to me several weeks back. I was at a T intersection where the the right hand prong of the T was a dirt road that had been closed to traffic (and barricaded by the county to enforce that) after it washed away in a storm and they decided not to repair it. So it's not even a real intersection anymore, since anyone driving up to it is either turning right, or turning left, but nobody's crossing in front of the other lane. I don't even know why there's still stop signs there. I was the one turning right, and as I approached the intersection some doofus pulls up turning left to go down the road I was on. I slowed enough to make a safe 90-degree right turn and as I rode through it the guy yelled at me out of his open window. Was I wrong not to stop at the intersection? Yes according to the law, because there's still a stop sign there for whatever reason. Do I feel bad about it? No way Jose. But this dude feels like he's gotta play Judge Dredd on me. Screw that!

Fortunately I don't let things like that bother me for more than a few seconds. I've got plenty of other things I'd rather be thinking about during my rides, so it didn't spoil the mood of the ride for me.
Likes For SethAZ: