fullergarrett
"Broke College Student"

Bikes: 2016 Giant Sedona, 1987 Free Spirit Pinnacle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Getting Back on the Bike

In my introduction post to this forum, I mentioned that I was 19 years old, 5'11" and weighing in at around 320 pounds. Since last summer I've been riding a bike more often, and have even started riding my bike this winter is colder, more uncomfortable weather. (Although I don't ride if it's too windy or icy/snowy out.) I even purchased a new bike to replace my old 1987 Free Spirit Pinnacle 12-speed.

I've been wanting to get into better shape and noticed a slight change the summer. I was drinking more water (albeit with "Crystal Light" flavoring) and riding my bike on a daily basis as opposed to drinking soda entirely. Unfortunately, that didn't stick. I'm a very picky eater and will admit, although embarrassingly, that I don't eat vegetables and fruits. I've tried them and won't eat them... even in other things like tacos and such. (I've also been eating out quite often recently, which doesn't help my health or budget.)

So, any suggestions on how I can proceed and get below 250 pounds? I'd like to loose this weight, and hopefully be able to ride farther on my bike. Perhaps even be able to ride on those windy days when the wind is strong enough that (currently) I can barely overcome it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.