Old 05-18-19, 08:54 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
It is; it's designed for low cadence, okay at mid levels, and for climbing hills. If they're always there, you might as well act the crazy scary white guy part. I wouldn't resort to a gun, I like guns, I do, but I think it's a b¡tch move to go straight to one, if they had one, that would be there first move. If you mace them and start smacking them with a spare tube, might get the point accros.
One of the reasons why I am going back to Biopace is because everyone puts them down. I don't think people understand what they are used for. But I am telling you,when I got the high spots in the right place as compared to where they were before,it was worth at least one gear.Right now I have a 52T Biopace that I bought used and I think someone ran it with a stretched chain and wallowed out the valleys. Because the Points look pretty good. So every single time I go to accelerate at all it skips and the chain comes off. I stumbled across a company called BikeWagon that is closing out new Biopace Chain Rings and bought a Silver 48T for $18.99 if you know of anyone interested. Hopefully that should give me better access to 6th and 7th gear,a better climbing gear and better acceleration. That is the thinking anyway.

If I keep my cool and my chain I should be alright.I made a couple of Tactical Errors last time and the chain coming off exposed me.I thought about it and they should be only on a certain section of the Bike Path in the evening.So I won't ride that section in the evening until I get my Chain Ring Fixed and give things time to cool down. After that, if I see them again and they want to cause trouble they will be dead wrong and the first time was not inadvertent and I will deal with them by just ignoring them and accelerate out of trouble. Drive them nuts. If I get cornered, who knows.