Old 05-30-19, 12:13 PM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanAK
mongol - thanks for coming along on the journey as I try to choose. It's fun. And I appreciate all the feedback. Which do you find more 'lively' to ride, MCD or GM? Seems like the Black Mt. Cycles MCD rides lighter from your comments. I've heard different opinions on the Polyvalent... some think it's a boat anchor, others seem to like it's light low-trail handling. I did the quill stem. The Radavist has a nice review if anyone is interested.

https://theradavist.com/2019/03/lila...morgan-taylor/

If the Poly would be a cantilever brake frame, I think I would have already pulled the trigger. I do think I'd prefer the canti BMC Monster Cross to the disc bike. djkashuba's blue bike is really growing on me.... or Signal Yellow....

zaxmalloy - thanks for the well-wishes. The Warakin looks fabulous, but I'm really looking for a steel fork with rack mounts. I appreciate your suggestion though!

mtbikerjohn - Some of the earlier colors were certainly more classic. I've seen a few online photos now of the yellow, blue and green canti bikes to be not so put off as I initially was. Some really look fantastic. Just can't do the pink. I wasn't sure what that sticker was on some of the bikes I've seen. Thanks for that info! Wonder why new bikes aren't coming with that now... Are those Gevenalle shifters on your drop-bar build? I'm likely going to try that setup. What are your impressions? +1 for the H PLUS SON rims, too. They seem like a great value/performance choice.
Yeah that's the first incarnation of my Pink..Gevenelle 10 speed running a 9 speed XT rear/CX70 front. That bike has been: 2x10 ShimanoXT/IRD 46/30 crank, 1x10 running a Rotor crank, 2x10 Rotor 46/30Shimano XT,and finally Campy Potenza / Campy CX 46/36 11 speed.. The wheels got changed over to White Ind./Easton R90 rims when I changed to Campy... These really are a swiss army knife kind of bike..

* the Gevenelles worked great..............