View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 01:12 PM
jfan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
I have been wearing minimalist shoes for many years. My favorite pair are from SoftStar shoes. They are nothing but leather uppers, and a thin sole. I used to get shin splints when I ran, but after changing to minimalist shoes, I no longer get them. It's not that they are magic, but I altered my stride naturally to run the way our body is designed to run, lessening the shock to the legs. I love them. I do have other shoes of course, but wearing shoes with less support, allows your body too develop the muscles that support your feet, and the muscles that you use for balance. The shoes I have also have a wider toe box, which prevents issues as well. I have another pair by Merrel which are nice as well.
Same here. I switched to Vibram 5 fingers about 5yrs ago, and then found Merrill Barefoot and Vapor glove minimalist shoes w/zero heel drop. (Never could get totally used to my toes in individual compartments). I had recurring plantar fascitis that was very painful, and within a few months of switching to minimalist shoes it was completely gone. My feet have never felt better or stronger than they do now. While I wear the minimalist shoes for most activities, I do not wear them for cycling. I like clipless and a firm sole for that.
Likes For jfan: