View Single Post
Old 04-20-17, 06:38 AM
draco159

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the sci guy
ooh that could be rough. I suppose it depends where in the Galleria area you're bound for, but from Eldridge/Westheimer your best bet is..............um....head up to Briar Forest -> San Felipe all the way?? BUT there's just a gutter for a bike lane so you're taking a decent risk.
That's also a pretty decent length ride as well.
I don't think you'll find many folks commuting down those roads on a regular basis. I drive it when I don't ride (at least from Eldridge to BWY8) and I'd say on average I see about 10 riders a year....and I mean I see 10 people over the course of 1 year. Not repeating.
Just make sure to get some powerful tail lights that blink distinctly.
Yeah it's a bit hairy for sure, I'm bound for Sage at the furthest. That Briar Forest bike lane is a joke, I drive that way very frequently too. I should add that commuting by car with my fiance who works in the same area is my default, I just would prefer to get the exercise in honestly. Ideally I'll hit up some suburb small streets or extend my route a bit, I'm still looking it all over. Safety for sure is top priority over the commute time.

The sidewalks all that way are so far out of safe travel shape too, it's really sad the City will not fix the concrete timely much less keep the grass from being a jungle covering the sidewalks for those that simply walk to bus stops (which I used to do too).