CycleBreeze

Bikes: Trek 7900 (Hybrid), Tobukaeru "SUS-TECH" 20" Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Downtube 8FS vs. 9FS--Two Questions

Hi all,

I'm in the process of deciding which Downtube FS would be best for me, and I enjoyed a very helpful conversation with Yan, who happily answered all of the questions he could, at that time, and is a very enjoyable person to converse with, generally.

However, I forgot to ask one thing that's mystified me, so I wanted to ask any Downtube owners, here, before bothering Dr. Lyansky again:

Why Does the 8FS Have an Angle-Adjustable Stem But the 9FS Does Not?

And perhaps more importantly, can anyone share their experiences with the 8FS's adjustable stem (whether they liked it, ease of use, etc...), and opine on whether or not it could be easily fitted to the 9FS? (I like a very "standard" [i.e., upright] riding position, both for personal ergonomics and visibility in traffic--both to see and be seen. So I've had to retrofit most of my bicycles with high-rise stems, and sometimes "riser bars" of an additional 4.5" height--and when you do all that, you end up fitting longer cables, etc.... It's a process....) Plus, I may not be the only rider, so greater adjustabilility, for different body-types, is a definite plus for me.

Pedal to Seat-Height Distance?
Also, does anyone know the measurement, in inches, between the top of the seat, in it's maximum, safe-height, and the top of the pedal, at it's lowest point? (Due to a bad knee, I ride with as much leg extension as possible, and have modified my non-folders as needed.) If someone would be willing to take such measurements on their 9FS (or 8FS, as I understand the two bikes frames are the same) I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

CycleBreeze