Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Last week (week of Apr 20) ... lots more walking with cycling on the weekend, as usual.

-- part of my commute to and from work
-- between the uni and work
-- from the allergist to work
-- doing a little shopping
-- and a walk down to our beach.

Total (Monday - Friday) ... 19.55 km. This brings me to 308 km of walking for the year so far.

And some of that shopping was me on the hunt for low calorie items to make low calorie French Toast. And I was successful! I don't think I've ever made French Toast before, and wasn't sure I could pull off a low-cal version, but I did ... and it was yummy!! We had it for breakfast/brunch both Saturday and Sunday.

All this exercise + my focus on eating low-cal for the past couple months = 10 kg lost.

Week of April 27 - 21.6 km walking
Week of May 4 - 20.7 km walking

I've eased back on the walking just a little bit because the combination of work and uni has left me feeling quite exhausted a couple days a week. Easing back has also given my arthritis a break.

As of Sunday 10 May, I have walked 350 km this year.

As for cycling, we were ramping up and did a 92 km ride on April 18, but then we decided to scale it back for the next few weeks after that. I'm almost at the end of the term with uni and things have been busy + Rowan has been really busy building a storage/workshop/home gym in our garage/basement ... trying to get it ready before we get too far into winter. And that's another thing ... winter came early! The weather has not been particularly nice the last few weekends.

So instead of increasing distance, we're working on shorter rides (40-50 km) that include lots of hills. Going for intensity rather than distance.