Old 01-13-19, 06:29 PM
balut bandit
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RicePudding
So I'm fairly new to tubeless tyres, my Giant Toughroad SLR GX 1 came equipped with 700 x 40 tubeless tyres, one of the things that I was really intrigued to try out when I first looked at it.

However, my time with these tyres hasn't been very smooth since getting them. I use my bike for both commuting to work and weekend off road rides and now my rear tyre is pretty much ruined.

The first unrepairable puncture I had was caused by a piece of glass on a commute to work. Today I had a large nail go straight through them. This second puncture has been a pain to fix and I'm now waiting on new tyres to replace them.

I know tubeless has its advantages: lower pressures, reduced rolling resistance, immunity from micro punctures. But I'm now considering if the old fashioned way is the better way to go.

I currently have some 38mm Hutchinson Overide on order but I'm now considering switching them for some 45mm Borough Armadillos and going back to tubes.

Anyone else have many problems with tubeless or have I just walked under too many ladders recently?

No problems with tubeless here and that puncture can be fixed with a Megaplug or a few genuine innovations strips.

Dynaplug® Online Store | Dynaplug® Megapill - Tubeless Bicycle Tire Repair Kit