Old 05-19-19, 10:37 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
.... 20% chance of rain on Saturday with temps in the 80'sF. The planned ride is about 20-22 miles and includes a number of hills with some nice Spring time country scenery. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best weather.
Saturday just wasn't my day. Just wasn't feeling good, very sad. I ended up sleeping till almost 3:00 in the afternoon so I really must of been worn out. This of course precluded that I wasn't going to get that daytime ride in. In a way probably worked out for the best because if I had taken my planned ride I more than likely would of seen the rain that eventually reached my community as well. After the rain passed I did take a 12 mile local ride but truthfully I hate riding on wet roads at night.

Sunday turned out to be a barn burner. Not sure but I think it was the hottest day of the year so far with temps in the upper 80's. If it hadn't of been so hot / muggy I'd of gone for the longer ride. Thing is, takes my body a couple weeks to acclimate to the warmer temperatures so I had to pass on the longer ride. I did take a shorter local ride ( 6 miles ) and after I got home I was real glad I didn't try the planned 20 miler. Usually when I do day rides I really don't like riding if it's hotter than 85°F when I start. Once again did another short ride at night. While it was cooler it was still muggy and warm. Geez, two weeks ago it was in the low 50's. I hate sudden temperature jumps. Nope, my aging old bode can't handle heat real well any more. Twenty years ago ( in my forties then ) I used to MTB when the temps were in the 90s. Oh how things change when you get older.