View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 11:12 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,684 Times in 2,508 Posts
thanks. If anyone has any words of wisdom about where to get water, I'm sure that would help a lot of us. I have heard that there is almost always a source of water in a town square, and it will say if it's non potable. Cemeteries too, but I'm not sure if it will say if it's potable there. The French word for potable is potable. If the weather remains hot, this might be the most important supply. The one thing I noted was that the people serving food beside the road are probably not going to have water. The first day, people beside the road will be offering water, but nothing after that. I made a couple of people mad because I asked for water, but I was desperate. I have PA randonneur pins to give to those people this time

I'm pretty sure the two secret controls will have a sign that says they are a control. I know Saint Nick didn't have such a sign, just food, sleep and showers.

I am going to have to find a way to keep track of control closing times on my phone or just print it out. Having relative times like on the control card is just too hard to keep track of. Although maybe they will do it differently now they enforce starting times. They did not try in 2011, and I have no idea when I started.

Last edited by unterhausen; 07-11-19 at 11:32 AM.