View Single Post
Old 06-07-20, 06:04 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6214 Post(s)
Liked 4,212 Times in 2,361 Posts
Originally Posted by Ross520
What the heck are you even talking about?

Firstly, I can't fathom why a someone would get upset because I said we've all seen professional bikes being washed. I mean, A, I think a reasonable individual would understand that "all" isn't to be taken literally. And, B, if that was my intention, why has that upset you so much? God-forbid somebody think you've seen a team mechanic washing a bike... The horror!​​​​​
You sure sounded like you were speaking for all of us.

Secondly, NEVER claimed anyone on here suggested pressure washing like pro mechanics, that deduction should elementary on your part. It sounded like the OP thought it was a good idea because the pros do it, and I just wanted to explain why they do, and he or she shouldn't.​​​​​
You implied that it. Power washing isn’t going to melt the bike nor is it going to contaminate the bearings. If you have a bike that was built before about 1995, some care should be used around the bearings. After that...to the present day...it’s not going to matter that much. Mountain biking did in open grease systems long ago. GCN’s video even showed that directly spraying the bearings for minutes at a time doesn’t lead to water infiltration.

And lastly, what? It's the truth. That's how the world works, you think everything is even-steven in professional sports? Talent takes priority, that's just a fact.​​​​​
What’s the truth? Your last paragraph makes zero sense. Are the riders the ones that are being sprayed down like they are on fire or their bikes the object of the fire hose? If the former, I really doubt they are using actual fire hoses, so it wouldn’t matter. If the latter, again, it doesn’t really make that much of a difference.

Bicycles are durable machines and can take a lot more abuse then people think. They aren’t make of sugar that melts if shown the slightest amount of moisture.

And by the way, I would STRONGLY suggest getting up on a different side of the bed tomorrow.
​​​​
​​​​​
I’ll pass on the sleeping arrangement advice. Thanks anyway
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!