spudston
2 Old 2 B New B

Bikes: '09 Trek 7.5 FX, '90 Trek Antelope 830, '07 Dahon Mariner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
My Experience Ordering a Dahon Online

I have a Dahon Mariner D7 which I like a lot but doesn’t have gears low enough for me. So, after talking to my local bike shop about upgrading the Mariner’s drive train to no avail ( he doesn’t seem to know how) I researched new bikes. I settled on the Dahon VISC D18 TOUR P which has 18 speeds. I had some questions so I called ThorUSA on Friday at 12:30 pm their time but was told Thor had left for the weekend and there was no one who could answer my questions. I then called Dahon and spoke to someone who gave me the information I needed. He said they could ship that day if I ordered within the hour, so I did, adding a white one to the online cart. However, late in the afternoon I got an email asking what color I wanted so they could ship the bike! I responded to the email and called but got no response and apparently they are also closed on the weekend. I was hoping I would receive the bike in time for a trip I am leaving on next Friday but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

Perhaps this post will help someone who might be thinking of ordering a Dahon online.