Old 07-11-20, 06:40 AM
Lanesplitter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Good point.

I have no interest in debating graphics or whether covid is real/serious or what the best strategy going forward is. It is too serious an issue to be turned into an intellectual debate that only extends inactivity. For me, and most Canadians, that train has left the station. We are well into the solution phase. The graphic was only intended to demonstrate the severity of the issue in the US (compared to CAN) in relation to the topic of why it is not a good idea to tour across American right now.
  • It violates one of the basic, well established guidelines of pandemic suppression.
  • Whether intended or not, one becomes a potential vector
  • It's pretty hard to come up with a workable bailout plan that relies on public institutions or businesses that may or may not be available.
  • Restrictions for travel, services and accommodation are currently in a state of flux

If someone can come up with a suitable work around cross country plan that addresses those issues I'd be interested.
Maybe a semi-supported tour would work. Somebody could do their own road trip by vehicle to stay within range of whoever's touring.