View Single Post
Old 09-16-17, 06:33 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2967 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 55 Posts
3/31/12 got my ride in seems like your time is your time regardless of the bike. did my old commute, a 26 mile round trip on a significantly newer lighter bike but my stats aren't noticeably different than the older heavier bikes. maybe they are but not big numbers. I'll have to look uo my old stats and consider them more closely. the old commute had an overall elevation loss going in and an elevation gain coming home. going home was always slower and took longer. also a small deviation of route due to traffic issues. the old hills are still there. Goodman's Hill, I still hate you. 'specially being out of shape. I don't think the triple on this new road bike goes as low as the triple on my roadified hybrid. anyway, I passed my online course before sunset so I rewarded myself with a ride which ended in darkness so I broke out the old reflector rain jacket. the chemical toe warmers were great cuz it was only 38 degrees. I love brifters but I can't use my old roomy winter gloves with them

trip down
13.5 miles
55 min
30.2 max mph
14.5 avrg mph

trip home
12.9 miles
59 min
29.5 max mph
13.1 avrg mph

maybe this summer I'll be stronger and hit the lights just rite and finally get it done in 45 min door to door