View Single Post
Old 09-27-17, 07:33 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2957 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 43 Posts
9/26/17 had a surprise night off, so for the 2nd night in a row I got out on the MM Bikeway, Bedford to Arlington. this time I was prepared & got going approx 5:30pm, still light out. temps in the low 80s again but humid too. there was so much condensation on the outside of my water bottle I dropped it & ran over the mouthpiece. it still works, but the mouthpiece was a useful feature. had a cpl weird road crossings, in particular one where the road curves & the drivers can't see us crossing. I made sure to stop at my stop sign, but as soon as the coast was clear & I started across a Jeep comes flying around the bend & screeches to a stop. I stopped too cuz I was just started & backed up, but he was stopped so I started again. yeah that crossing needs some work, I think. have to be at the Kickstand by 7pm for last call, cuz I think they close at 7:30pm

Bedford to Arlington
8.75 miles
21.7 max
14.1 avrg
37 min
(tiny bit faster than last night, maybe cuz is was still light out?)

Whole Ride
Back at car 7:44pm
17.51 miles
23.7 max (must be a downhill grade I was ready for, did better on it than last night)
13.3 avrg
1hr 19 min saddle time (this could have been shorter had I not dropped my water bottle (& those cpl of awkward rd crossings?)

Last edited by rumrunn6; 09-28-17 at 07:01 AM.