View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 07:58 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2967 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 55 Posts
10/5/17 another short ride after work. wasn't feeling as fired up as the night before, not sure why. was it the thicker humid air or the 1/2 hour on the stair climber at lunchtime? stopped at Mystic St to chk stats so the big intersection wouldn't interfere & didn't put computer back on bike until after my break & reaching the same spot near the paved trail. moved my sportcam & light, each right next to my stem, one of either side, hoping to eliminate the shadow from the brake-shift lever & eliminate the view of one or both hoods. it might be better but I need to do more work to alleviate those artifacts. have an accessory on order but would rather avoid using it. snacked on apple juice & a chocolate chip croissant. was thinking about extending the ride past the cafe but it's only another mile to Alewife so didn't see the point considering that whole Mass Ave road crossing is such a buzz-kill. it's been interesting starting at dusk & pleasant being able to see, too bad Nov 5, 2017 - Daylight Saving Time Ends

Sunday, November 5, 2017, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned backward 1 hour to 1:00:00 am local standard time instead. Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour earlier on Nov 5, 2017 than the day before. There will be more light in the morning. but alas, these after work rides will be in complete darkness. better enjoy the light while it's here!

temps were warm, 70s I think & maybe dipped to high 60s by the end

left lot approx 5:47pm

reached Mystic St approx 6:28pm

FIRST HALF
8.6 miles
19.1 max
13.7 avrg
37 min
left Mystic St to head back to Bedford approx 6:48pm

back at car 7:29pm

WHOLE RIDE
17.24 miles
26.1 max (disappointing considering I tried harder incl out of the saddle to reach 27)
13.5 avrg
1hr 16min saddle time

having a computer takes the guesswork out of feeling like it's not your best ride, & knowing it

I like this kind of photo

Mystic St benches

just for the record, this is my kind of woman, bikes to yoga. talked to her at the next big intersection while waiting to cross together & she confirmed my assumption with a big smile. just realized she had no helmet

Last edited by rumrunn6; 10-06-17 at 11:50 AM.