Old 10-11-17, 03:55 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2967 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 53 Posts
10/10/17 temps in the low 70s high 60s by time I got back to the car
rode the MM Bedford to Davis Square Cambridge using a cpl side trails at Alewife
when the sun fell the darkness left everyone grasping for vision, didn't expect it to be so dark so early
before the sun set I tried my light but it didn't turn on, thought I would have to use my backup. eventually it turned on by itself, super weird, maybe it's the switch? a wire? the battery? decided to leave the light on even tho I didn't entirely need it. maybe I haven't been running it long enough between charges. my night rides are not that long. maybe I bought a battery too big for my purposes

5:40 pm left Bedford Depot
6:34 pm Davis sq
11.22 miles
20.3 max
13.8 avrg
48 minutes on the saddle

took a pit stop at Au Bon Pain got a sandwich & big bottle of apple juice

7:52 pm back at car in Bedford
22.98 miles
22.7 max
13.1 avrg
1hr 45min saddle time

continuing past Arlington only added approx 4 miles. but the section from Arlington to Alewife & Davis Square, was too congested. & after the intersection with Mass Ave & Cedar St. it was a walking path. not advisable around & after rush-hour. had to loop around using streets (bike route). earned some street cred, or maybe I burned some. thanks to two separate Cambridge Cops, I stayed on course & survived a road crossing near an EMT truck. forgot my sportcam so just a cpl bad cell phone pics

looking forward to the mounting accessory for the light & sportcam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
small Davis Square.jpg (122.3 KB, 266 views)

Last edited by rumrunn6; 10-11-17 at 11:10 AM.