Old 02-03-18, 06:21 AM
ricrunner

Bikes: Malvern Star Oppy S1 Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vickorano
Hi all, new here. I've never toured before but I am very interested in trying. I am, however, very anxious & kind of scared to do it alone. I'm having a lot of trouble finding groups of people to do it with. I'm just one woman and I'm very nervous about the more nuanced aspects of long-term touring; the execution of the tour, interaction with people, finding safe places, staying safe on the road, preventing theft, avoiding assault or worse. Are there any women on the forum--or do you know any--who have toured alone successfully? I'm very interested in the experiences of people who are experienced tourists; what problems have you faced, how did you solve them? People interactions, road danger concerns, location safety, things like that. I'm very scared of being assaulted, kidnapped, robbed or run over. I do travel alone but I feel like bicycling makes one more vulnerable. Thanks for reading, I hope to hear some stories or advice. I very much want to try touring, very soon.
I don't know if your still around but try looking at ****** forums, especially r/bikebuddies and crazyguyonabike.com you may find some help there.