View Single Post
Old 12-20-18, 10:52 AM
Kaben

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Morelock
In general, the Speed G+ line (as a whole) is, in my experience, just a bit less durable than the old Corsa Evo Pistas. They should handle some outdoor rides, but you really need to check them after every ride if you do. It's easy to pick up small nicks in the tread. Carry the bike to/from the track. I've had Evo's last a season+ on outdoor tracks that are by no means "nice." I have some G+'s waiting to be glued up and expect similar, but make no mistake, they are 100% race day tyres.
Yeah - they definitely would be race day only. I just bought a FFWD rear disc and they will be going on that.
My current wheels ( and what will continue to be my front wheel in combination with the disc) are shod with Continental Tempo II tyres. These are pretty decent but i thought i would opt for something a bit nicer for the disc. I usually run the Tempos on the rollers before a session - they seem to be robust enough and not having to carry training wheels everywhere makes a big difference to travel convenience.

Ive always had matched tyres in the past - any issue with having mismatched front / rears if they have different max PSI or grip for example?