Originally Posted by Wildwood
Some people try hard to put much in,
they expect a fair amount in return.
Often to become disillusioned
It’s the internet.
Life goes on.
Ride more.
Originally Posted by MinnMan
True dat. Personally, I got a great deal from this subforum for some years, including information and encouragement. But I mostly lost interest and seldom stop by anymore.

I'm still riding - more than ever and as strong as ever- but whatever it was I needed here before, I don't need so much now.
Similarly I posted to this now-closed thread:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Hello to this Forum,

I stumbled upon this Forum from another totally unrelated Blog and I was quite impressed at the volume of activity and range of interests.

I have been perusing this site for afew weeks and I have had several comments to make this so I hope to make useful contributions to future discussion threads, as well as glean from the comments of others.
For me the heady days on the Forums were from about 2008 to 2016 [link], in particular participating in the Fifty-Plus Annual Rides [link], which have since disappeared.

I think I have absorbed all the good advice I can for a complete and agreeable cycling lifestyle, and recently I have clicked on many fewer threads than before.

In the past I have offered IMO several useful suggestions about cycling, particularly for winter and urban cycling, to multiple repetitive threads. They are usually lost in the morass of often scores of replies, both in agreement and dispute with mine.

I’m not especially motivated to read or write about rides in areas I will never visit, or bikes I would not buy.
Other cyclists’ biking stories are often meaningful to me, but usually not consequential enough for a reply.

Frankly, now my main enjoyment is reading the personal clashes on the various threads, such as these current ones: "I work with a moron", or ”How often do you check your mirror?.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 02-04-19 at 04:32 AM.