Old 02-05-19, 08:21 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6200 Post(s)
Liked 4,204 Times in 2,358 Posts
Originally Posted by suburbanbeat
Hi all. I am going to a conference in Denver in late May and would like to get a little tour in before or after, if possible. Can anyone recommend some destinations that would make for a nice two-day/one-night tour, perhaps around 80-120 miles round trip.

While I'm here, can I ask if anyone in Denver has a 53" or 54" tourer I could borrow? I've got my own but would obviously like to save the insane fees I'd incur by flying with it! If so, I'd be happy to connect on Facebook, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Colorado has a bus program called the Bustang. It opens up a large part of the state to you without having to drive a car to a starting point. For example, you could ride the Bustang to Glenwood Springs and then ride up hill to Aspen on one day, then ride back down on the next. The ride down the Rio Grande Trail is the best 50 mile ride you'll ever find in Colorado. It's completely downhill from Aspen to Glenwood.

You could also ride the Bustang to Gunnison and then ride up and over Monarch Pass to Salida and take the Bustang back to Denver. Or take the Bustang to Frisco, ride over Vail Pass to Eagle and catch the bus back to Denver. Or you can ride to Salida, up and over Poncha Pass to Great Sand Dunes and Alamosa. Visit the alligators on the way. You can then take the bus back to Salida and transfer to the Denver bus. The options are many.

The bus has racks on the front or you can put your bike underneath in the cargo bay.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!