Old 02-10-19, 05:53 AM
Juggy_Gales

Bikes: 2018 Giant Toughroad SLR2

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2018 Giant Toughroad SLR2: *UpGrades* Goin Nutty with It

So Nov 2017 I purchased my 2018 Giant Toughroad SLR2 and have been very happy with it..

I have added things to it like Solid Abus Lock.. Ergo Grips.. New Wide Grippy Pedals.. Rear Bike Rack w/3bag Pannier set up.. kickstand.. and Lights for evening riding.

I think she's lookin pretty good.. But I have been yearning for something..

I always watch videos on bikes and Im a bit of a gear nut.. So.. sure I could leave this bike as is and buy another bike that can do this or that better..

But... Ya know what.. At this time.. I don't really want to Buy a Road Bike.. Nothing wrong with them.. But I just want to improve my Toughroad for now..

She's a great bike.. so why not invest into her a bit more so she can show me what her full potential is..

Listed below are going to be my planned upgrades.. and you can tell me what you guys think of the plans..

The upgrades will mostly be Mountain Bike.. With a couple things geared towards Road..

Brighter Headlight(Recommendations?)

Maxxis Rambler 700X40 (Tubeless) Tires

Shimano 105 Crankset 50/34 2X or 50/39/30 3x (10speed)

Shimano XT 11-42 Cassette (10speed)

Shimano SLX Shifters

Shimano SLX Derailers

KMC X10 Chain

I spoke to my LBC and showed them what I wanted to do and asked if what I wanted to do would match up well and they assured me it would do fine with the Toughroad

My goals are better ride, smoothness, better shifting, performance..

Mind you.. I love the Bike.. and I do enjoy the ride now.. I just would love to see what the Toughroad could be if it was equipped with upgraded parts..

Finally.. After I do this.. and if I enjoy it that much.. There is a chance I may do one more thing.. Switch it from a Flat Bar to a Drop Bar.. Of course with that.. I would have to change the Shifters to 105s

The break system that is on my bike works great so I do not see a need to improve it.. I would just have to mount the system to the drop bars and since it's all shimano there has got to be a way to match it up.

Ok Guys, what are your thoughts about the Mutant Hybrid I plan on upgrading?