View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 07:27 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Right up there with Miss K, I would put Portlander Velovixen.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Well @Road Fan you got some 'splaining to do. I search the Members List for Portlander Vixen, then even googled the name.

Could that be the name of your Bike? Are you one of those velosexuals ?
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
@Jim from Boston, velovixen was a member here a while back. I haven't seen anything from her in a long, long time now.

Miss K and her husband met us for a dinner back in 2015, when their son earned his Air Force Navigator's wings, here at NAS Pensacola, FL. Not sure if she is still active, no posts from her in a good while either.

We need to get up for a longer ride, I enjoyed our short but cold ride up in Boston's suburbs a few years ago, with the Jim Muller and all of the others in that area.

Next time we are up in New Hampshire to see our son and daughter-in-law I'll get in touch for some miles with y'all

Bill
So, @Road Fan, I owe you an apology. The name velovixen sure sounds alluring, and I looked (her) up on the Members List…only one post in 2010!
Originally Posted by velovixen
Whats more important

The chainring and bottom bracket are more important than the cranks. Yes, Campys and Sugino 75s look cool, but if you use them with a cheap BB or chainring, you've wasted your money.
Well, if that’s your type.

And @qcpmsame, like for @Rowan, your post was a pleasant surprise. I remember well that group ride, and it was duly noted on the Metro Boston Regional Discussion thread
Originally Posted by jimmuller
He! Bill understates the experience. We all enjoyed it!

As he said, qcpmsame, Ghazmh, Jim from Boston, and my sweetie/stoker and myself did a nice ride in misty and sometimes rainy weather.

JFB had to bail out a bit early and the rest of us rolled on for a nice 25 mile run through the northwestern suburbs.

L to R: JfB, q, my sweetie Sharon, me (staring at my smarf watch to trigger the camera), Ghaz.

A bit of C&V (q's gorgeous Medici and our tandem) and a bit of hypermodernism (G's Soma and JfB's something that I've forgotten - duh, must be the beer).

Yeah, we got a bit wet and the bikes got a bit dirty. But we had great ride and it was a real pleasure to meet everyone.

I have posted to all BF suscribers,and I repeat especially for you, Bill:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
...Please feel free to PM me for any details. I really enjoy showing visitors around Boston on informal walking tours [or a bike], and I would offer that to a fellow BF subscriber, but I'm a pretty busy person, and would need a heads up to see if I'm available at a mutually agreeable time.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 04-03-19 at 09:34 AM.