View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 09:11 AM
dbushwacka

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EaOutlaw1969
I plan on installing a Box BMX style handle bar with a 8.5 inch rise and a BMX style riser.

I have on my Roam a Ritchey adjustable stem riser and add on drop downs that I turned around upside down to get a cheap way of riding in a upright position.
I also added a Ride out Carbon Comfort seat which is the best seat I have ever ridden on and well worth the money.
Immediately I installed new Maxxis low rolling resistance ebike tires.
I removed the chain and used my ultra sonic cleaner to remove the factory wax type grease and used WD-40 Dry lube plus cleaned all the gears.
Now that can ride upright and comfortable I can ride much longer but I still have to fine tune my seat and bar adjustments once I get the BMX bars installed.
I have delayed the BMX bars until I am ready to replace the shifter cables and brake hoses because the factory ones will be too short.
That's an interesting idea with the bmx handle bar, the Roam 0 has hydraulic brakes though so I'm not sure how easy it would be to extend the lines, I've done car brake lines before but have zero experience with bicycle hydraulics, I suppose there's only one way to learn though.