View Single Post
Old 01-16-17, 05:57 PM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Early Bird Crit yesterday. Smallish, 20 guys in an open 1-2-3 field. Two Echelon development team kids were there (Owen Gillot and Gavin Murray) and definitely the ones to watch. I had one teammate who covered the first attack by Owen (basically from the gun). Field chased and caught them after a few minutes and Gavin shot off the left side at minute 5. I waited until he had a decent ~10 second gap, solo, then jumped across. I brought one Jakroo racing kid on my wheel so we were three. Jakroo kid gave up after about 5 minutes when a moto told us we had 20 seconds. Once we were two I told Gavin I was happy to work with two and we quickly stretched it to about 40 seconds. We quit getting time gaps but after ~10 minutes, so maybe 43 minutes left, we couldn't see the field anymore and settled in.

Good workout and he was kind enough to only beat me by a bike in a straight-up 150m drag race. Pretty happy. Was comfortable the entire time. Only regret was not going for it to lap the field. I think we could have done it once the gap started going up had we stayed on the pressure instead of settling in for the long (slower) move.