Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,461 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
We have a descent around here that is straight bombed out warzone status. Every year it gets slightly worse, I rode it yesterday and it has basically deteriorated into chunky dirt with larger holes quickly filled in with piles of asphalt. So I decided to rail it because what better way to prep for early season "I stayed fit on zwift" madness? I thought I made it through the worst part but hit the very last big hole before the pavement improves. Yuuuuuge noise, but no flats! It did rotate my bars forward, but after another 20 miles of riding it turns out I sorta like it?! Gonna keep em this way for a bit and see what happens.
New definition for a field fit.

I did a road race that when we lined up that starter warned about pot holes. Yep, I was in the pack and the racer ahead swerved and I hit a hole. My water bottle shot about 10 feet in the air and my bars rotated.

Unlike your situation, the bars moved too much and made the bike somewhat okay to ride but not brake well and race. I could not move them back. I watched the peloton ride away. I finished a lap and called it a day.

Last edited by Hermes; 03-02-18 at 03:49 PM.