Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 01:07 PM
joewalp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As a Kickstarter backer, I'm curious about terms and disposition of circa 2016 Helix preorders. Was there a deposit? Was the deposit full price? Have you received project status updates? If so, how were those updates published? Have you recently received notification that retail sale will resume? Do you have any info about what quantity of preorders have been cancelled?

If you prefer not to post in this thread, please feel free to message me. This is not a legal fact-finding effort; I'm merely curious.

Lest there be confusion here, I ought to mention that the forum at helix.ca for Kickstarter backers is not open to preorder holders.

My obligatory on-topic comment is that I'm glad for opportunity to support innovation in folding bike form factor and manufacturing technology. I hope that the company thrives. The bike appears to have a healthy market among affluent apartment dwellers and casual recreational riders.

I'm moderately disappointed that its weight with fenders will be heavier than a 6-speed Brompton with fenders. The small weight difference won't impact me, but it makes the bike less relatively appealing to my wife. After we receive our bikes, I'll post impressions in the review thread.