Old 02-26-20, 03:55 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Been saying this for a long time. Yes it is still the Lance fallout. Lance generation is now in 40+ and 50+ racing - very few new have come to the sport since then.

Rider days are up this year so far (YTD) but that is solely because of Fondos and Fun Rides being sanctioned under USA Cycling.

It has taken me 3 months to receive any state championship applications. The tally stands currently at 2 apps for crit, 1 for cross, 0 TT, 0 Road Race. There are 0 road races on the schedule for this year. We decided to try and permit a race as the local association and call on as many teams as possible to man it so we can have one. We will have to ask the other sanciotning body that still puts on TT's for the 50+, 60+, 70+, and 80+ crowd to see if we can double sanction so we can have 1 TT for the year and make it a state championship.

This includes Chicago. An area that has been a racing powerhouse in the midwest since racing in America began. Partial home field of Superweek.

It's been dead for a while. If you guys figure out how to fix it let me know. I will be busy still being out there.