View Single Post
Old 06-07-20, 06:06 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18269 Post(s)
Liked 15,185 Times in 7,172 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
What is the actual advantage of using the pressure washer? Regular hose can wash off loose dirt & the greasy parts need extra care anyway. Chain cleaning is the only part where I use reg hose & jet nozzle setting to blast off grit/grime after scrubbing with degreaser.
See my story above. I actually had to work hard using the power washer to get rid of the mud in some places, like from nooks and crannies of my cantis. I had to ride a ways to town so some of the gunk got caked on from the wind and warmth of the air. Took me a good 15 min. of spraying and I still didn’t get it all.

Another time I got caught in a massive downpour on a long dirt road. Made it to camp and didn’t hit civilization until the following day after riding more wet dirt in the morning. Bike was covered in this sandy grit that again baked on. I tried a regular hose at Adventure Cycling’s headquarters, but it wasn’t up to the task. Was returning the bike to a shop that day for shipping home. Couldn’t give it to them like that. Had to spend serious time at a car wash with a power sprayer.