3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18566 Post(s)
Liked 2,106 Times in 1,547 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
Yes, the Forbes article also notes that Sweden has much higher numbers than its neighboring countries. But even so, it is better off than the UK and Spain and Italy.

I judge 'almost done' by the daily death curve tailing off to just a couple a day nationwide, and the new cases curve has taken a sharp nosedive after gradually declining for a while.

Yes there is always the possibility of a second wave, but it seems that (a) Sweden's non-lockdown policy was even more liberal (not in the political sense) than the U.S., but (b) somehow it's 'working' for them (their daily cases/deaths curves are approaching 0), and what we're doing is not working for us.
...whether it's "working" for them is kind of up in the air. All Covid 19 pandemic numbers are constantly in flux...a lot of the places you were previously telling me were doing OK are not now. So I've lost faith in your ability to dispassionately analyze what's going on with this disease. I would also ask you why you presume that somehow, Sweden's solution is better than it's neighboring countries, which thus far have posted death tolls that are lower by a factor of ten. Do you think those places are doing worse economically than Sweden ? I haven't looked at the data, but my guess would be that overall thus far, they are not. But it's just a guess.

Mostly, your assumption that Sweden has done no more than we have done is wrong. In the United States, driven mostly by politics, we appear to have been encouraging super spreader events. See the latest news on Tulsa. The idea that what has happened in Sweden is "more liberal" than what has transpired in the United States is just another fallacious assumption. This is not the first time I've pointed this out to you.
Likes For 3alarmer: