Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18594 Post(s)
Liked 2,126 Times in 1,561 Posts
Typhoid Donnie

Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
Dude, chill the f out! You continue to read between my lines and find stuff that isn't there. I'm losing faith in my ability to dispassionately respond to your continual misinterpretation of my questions as assertions

What places did I tell you were doing OK and are not now?
...would have been back in those two threads I started in teh P+R, way back before this special forum even existed. It was couched in terms of "well, every place is different, so we need different solutions by locale". I don't have P + R access any more, because once I lost it, I realized what a blessing it was to be relieved of the responsibility of posting sane stuff in there. You can go home again.

I don't presume that Sweden's solution is 'better' than its neighboring countries. I am noticing, like the rest of the world, that it is different, and trying to understand it. I also haven't looked at the data, so I also don't know whether Norway/Finland/Denmark economies are doing worse. Maybe somebody should start a 'discussion' thread so we can dig up some data and examine it. Oh wait I already did that. Does Sweden have more deaths than their neighbors? Yes, like 50x per capita, and I'm not denying it.
,,,yet your whole initial premise here is that Sweden appears to be tailing off, and they are "almost done". Your words, not mine, and I repeat them here for context.

In terms of 'better', Sweden is definitely doing better than the apocalypse that everybody else expected, they're doing better than UK, Spain and Italy for reasons we don't understand (and I would like to understand them so I ask questions), and although they're currently doing a little worse than the US in terms of deaths per capita, if the curves continue along their current trajectories, then the US will pass them soon. This despite Sweden adopting an apparently looser policy than the US. So before long, we're going to be in a situation where the US deaths per capita, and economy are both worse than Sweden, despite trying 'harder' (?) to control the disease than Sweden. (see that question mark there? and the word 'apparently'? that means I'm not making a hard assertion, I'm wondering whether something is correct so we can discuss it) That's lose-lose-lose, and I'd like to understand why.
...I have already pointed out the fallacy in this assumption. I'm not going to repeat it, because you appear immune to it.

I don't recall any discussion about Sweden before. That's why I started a new thread. Maybe I'm growing senile. I certainly don't endorse super-spreader Trump rallies. When they happened, I made a falsifiable prediction that in about 2 weeks, right around July 4th, we should look for a wave of infections. Now that wave is appearing, and I'm saying yup, there it is.
...the Swedish solution has been previously referenced, by you and by others. I'm not gonna waste time looking for it. I have to mow the lawn.

If the appearance/"assumption that Sweden has done no more than we have done is wrong", then let's talk about it. THAT'S WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD. Because on the face of it, to me, Sweden's approach seems looser, but the US is getting worse results. So something doesn't add up and I want to understand it

^^^the crowd watching the flyover at Mt Rushmore on the 4th ^^^

^^^ Tulsa rally ^^^

...and the irrational reactions that he elicits. The Church Faithful in a lot of places aren't helping either. And I have some reservations about all the George Floyd mass protests, even if they did mask up.

You're asking for rational answers in the age of Idiocracy. All I can tell you is it's got electrolytes, which is what plants need.