View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 10:28 AM
tomtomtom123

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 71 Posts
I think it's a bit misleading to compare only the rate of death per million population. Death would depend on the relative aging of the country's population, the availability of intensive care in hospitals, quality of health care, time until initial treatment, healthiness of the population etc.

It's better to compare the rate of infection per million population because infection is more about individual and societal actions and public policy, and less about age and health.

When you do compare the rate of infection, Sweden is actually one of the worst in Europe, worse than the UK, Italy, and Spain. And the daily infection rate is not really fully under control in Sweden, at least not if you compare the current rates to the neighboring countries. Looking at the current chart, Sweden, has only returned to the May daily rate but at least down from the high of the June daily rate. If you compare it to Denmark, they have it reduced much much lower to before their March daily rate. The current daily infection rate in Sweden is much much greater in comparison. I wouldn't say it's under control yet in Sweden, maybe on the way there. Compared to Germany, the current daily infection rate per million is more than 10 times higher in Sweden.

Germany is doing much better than it's neighbors. The current number of active cases was around 5000 people last time I checked. In comparison, Spain and France were around 50000 to 60000, while Italy was around 20000. And the population of Germany is much larger than the others.

Last edited by tomtomtom123; 07-09-20 at 10:45 AM.
Likes For tomtomtom123: