Old 07-14-20, 08:18 PM
  #8966  
TXsailor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bowie Texas
Posts: 681

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes View Post
After realizing that many in that area consider COVID-19 a hoax, I have decided to punt. I cancelled my room in Burkrburnette and am waiting on a refund, since I prepaid (I was that ready). The hotel acquiesced, so Iíll most def stay there if next year comes.

Iíll hold onto the Ironman I built for the event. You never Underestimate sentimental value,

So, that being said, I joined my gal on her Guerciotti shakedown (silk) for an easy 20, climbed 3,100 in 47 miles on Saturday, and did 102 on Sunday, but only 1800í of climbing. In homage to Texas PB&J, I managed a 6-mile 26mph segment and followed with 4 at 20mph. My only breakaway ever. I think I pulled something.
I was looking forward to meeting the great RT but wasn't looking forward to being humbled by your speed & endurance, I have neither this year. Maybe next year will be better. As far as the virus hoax ideas I am not on board with them. I think its very real but what worries me is that I think about 90% of the masks are ineffective and offer no protection and the other 10% just offer a little. I'm staying away from people as best I can without becoming a hermit but I'm not going to live in fear because that's not living.
TXsailor is offline