Old 06-06-16, 04:16 PM
gycho77

Bikes: Serotta steel track bike, Specialized MTB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rensho3
Gycho77, I ride/race at Stub Hub/Velo Center all the time. As for equipment, any track bike will work. Some road fixies may work, but not necessarily. Most people use 165 or 170 crank arms. I know pursuiters who use as long as 175. As is set forth in other threads in this forum, it depends on what type of riding you are going to be doing. Although I have seen colored tires used, almost everyone uses black tires. The current favorite for all around training/racing is Vittoria Pista Evo CS (I may have the exact name wrong, I always forget it and have it written down somewhere, just not where I am at this moment). A previous writer already told you have to be certified to ride the track; this is maybe the most important thing because if you are used to low-angle concrete track, there are things you need to learn to deal with the eccentricities of my track, such as, for example, no track stands between 1 & 2 and 3&4. Good luck and perhaps I'll see you there when you get to LA.
Thank you for your detailed explanation.
I will be taking a class when I get their.

And does anyone use Tufo tires in indoor velodrome?
I might get a clincher wheel, because I will be riding my track bike tothe velodrome(I don't own a car.....)

Also I hope I could see you at the velodrome.