Old 02-12-18, 02:24 PM
ballinwang

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giro Criterium Road Bike with Campagnolo parts?

Hi, I recently found this bike on Craigslist, here's the listing description and I was wondering how much it's worth. The seller is asking $400:

Vintage 1970's GIRO 52cm Complete
Road Bike / Dura Ace / Campagnolo Equipped

Listing includes one 1970's GIRO Criterium 52cm Complete 10-Speed Road Bicycle.

This GIRO frame is very high quality Columbus tubing, and appears to be early 1970's.

Equipped with all Vintage era correct Dura Ace and Campagnolo components as shown.

The frame and forks have their original off-white / ivory factory paint and decals. The frame has been touched up in a few minor spots by the original owner (see attached photos)

We consider it as a very clean overall one owner survivor. The bicycle was purchased in Italy and brought back to the US sometime during the 1970's.

We put the bike on our stand and put it through all of the gears. Both Front and Rear derailleurs shift smoothly, both front and rear brakes both stop well as well.

The components included are as follows:

Brakes: Dura Ace

Bars: Cinelli

Stem: Benottora Ace

Seat: Concour

Seat post: Dura ace

Hubs: High Flange Campagnolo (5-spd rear)

Front Derailleur: Campagnolo

Measurements: Top Tube: Center to Center 21" or 53cm

Seat Mast: Center to Center 21" or 53cm

Please review all attached photos; and be sure to ask any questions.

Measurements: Top Tube: Center to Center 21" or 53cmSeat Mast: Center to Center 21" or 53cmPlease review all attached photos; and be sure to ask any questions.
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Crane

(With the Crane, Shimano pulled out all the stops in an attempt to make a truly world-class derailleur. It was an all aluminium design with a dropped parallelogram - a world first. The finish was excellent with that anodised ‘glow’ that Campagnolo had perfected. The chromed parts were bright and polished. The pulleys had a two part bushing system so that bronze rotated on bronze. Even the springs seemed to have less of a tendency to lose their tension. All very classy)

SO, I was wondering what this bike is worth, I have also attached some pictures.
THANKS!!! THIS IS MY FIRST POST!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (592.8 KB, 75 views)
s-l1600 (2).jpg (347.1 KB, 74 views)
s-l1600 (3).jpg (672.5 KB, 74 views)
s-l1600.jpg (741.7 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by ballinwang; 02-12-18 at 03:13 PM.