Old 08-20-20, 06:39 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Getting ready.:.

Back-to-back centuries planned for Sat-Sun.

Saturday is actually an 80-mile charity ride that is not canceled. The last rest stop is at 75, so we hit that, backtrack 10 and do it again to hit the 3-digit mark. I may be cut loose to open it up for a 5-hour shot. Westward finish into the wind, so it could be “a day.”

Sunday is disorganized but we expect several. I’m scheduled to pull the entirety but hope to get some backup. The group intends to go after six hours, with a real mix of abilities, so my cat herding mode will be in effect.

I’ve been climbing well, putting my 1x through its paces. A local ride/route guru is really making us better as a group, even across power and endurance levels.

To try and improve, I am getting after the climbing, then looping back to climb again with the groove and go group. My back can’t take standing, so going back down and spinning back up is working out well. It’s giving me about 12% more mileage and about 20% more climbing elevation than otherwise. The extra is a a more relaxed pace, so now I know what Doc meant by “grooving” when the time is right.

I’m fortunate that St. Louis has such a good bunch of cyclists. In every way.