Old 03-10-21, 01:58 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
There aren't many hills down east. But down that way I ride from work at lunch sometimes. There is a higher speed limit road you pretty much HAVE to use and cross a bridge at the bottom of a really potholed hill to get to the "good riding".

You can't bomb the hill at near the speed limit due to the crazy potholes. The potholes drive you further in the lane also. Then you get to the bride and everybody has had enough.

Best I've done is now using my Garmin Varia. If nobody was behind me for a good while before the bridge then they come up, I own my lane for the bride. If they've suffered me down the hill, there's a little width at the bottom. I pull off in the width before the bridge on the wide shoulder and stop and let them go before I get to the bridge. Then, I wait for a huge gap and cross the bridge to climb up the hill the other side.

For some reason around here when you're going uphill, so long as you don't "weave" and appear to be "working hard" people seem understanding oddly enough.
Likes For burnthesheep: